Friday, November 14, 2014

Solving the Problem of the "Trust Issue"

   "Yeah I have trust issues" "Break my trust, and we are done" "I don't open up to just anyone" Have you heard that before? Maybe even used a phrase like this? Well your not alone. Trust is one issue that all women will grudgenly admit is a struggle. It began in the garden, when an innocent woman let down her guard, stopped thinking, and simply trusted. So blame it on Eve if you want, but before that day Eve had a completely trusting relationship with God. She never had to doubt His word. She never had to wonder what His motive was or if He was "on the level". Once she took her eyes off her Creator she lost sight of who was trustworthy. This was the problem, her focus. She doubted God only when she took her eyes of the truth.
    Our claims of having a "trust issue" stem from where we put our confidence, where our eyes our focused. It doesn't take long for a young woman to wake up to the reality that everyone is going to let her down at one point or the other- best friend and parents included. She quickly becomes an expert wall-builder, not alowing people to get too close in order to protect herself from hurt. This insecurity bleeds over into her spiritual life as well, and effect her relationship with God.
    "Can I really trust God with my heart?" A question mixed with longing yet a guardedness. After a difficult time in my own personal life, I began to examine how much I really trusted God. I said I did, but to what extent. If God asked me to "leap" would I do so willing, expecting Him to "catch me"? Over and over again He says "trust me" ,"let me", but what proof did I have that I really could trust Him. The result of my search is what I am going to share with you. I encourage you to look up these verse for yourself, and journal in your own thoughts. I assure you that you will find all the proof you need to say with confidence that I "trust in God at all times." Psalm 62:8

" Why I CAN Trust God"

2 Samuel 22: 3&31 - He is my rock, shield,and horn. (emergency number)
Job 13:15 - He hold my life in His hands.
Ps. 2:12 - His my peace and calmer of my soul.
Ps. 4:5; 7:1 - His my security.
Ps. 5:11 - He is my defender.
Ps. 9:10 - He is known for His loyalty.
Ps. 11:4&7 - He is my protector, watching out for me, personally cares for me. (Ps. 16:1)
Ps. 17:7 - He favors His children.
Ps. 31:1 - He is trustworthy. (Ps. 31:6&19; 34:22)
Ps. 37:5 - He always comes through.
Ps. 40:3 - He has always been faithful to others.
Ps. 125:1- He is our protection, our wall of protection (with Him surrounding me I cannot be hurt)
Ps. 142:8 - He fills my soul.
Prov. 3:5-6 - He is the director of my path. (He is concerned about my future, I don't have to worry about missing out on my life's purpose when I am His)
Prov. 28:25 - He enriches me. (He makes me spiritually strong and full of life)

    Meditate on these verses. God is our warrior, girls. Like the knights of old, God's son Jesus fought to the death for you. Since He has proved Himself to you, will you reward Him with your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment