Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Real Women Aren't Weak!

             Ok so now you have had some time to think about you position on womanhood, and so have I. I am going on record right now to say that these thoughts are not original by me. They have spawned from the True Women 2014 Womens Conference in a powerful ladies session called" Don't Be a Wimp: Kicking the Habits that Make Women Weak" by Mary Kassian, and of course the Bible. ( If you have a free moment to listen to that podcast....do it!Its on the Revive Our Hearts site and Youtube I believe.) Ok 1 minute promotional plug over...but really do you like being called the "weaker sex". When I hear that, it too makes me want to challenge someone to a " body -check, take- down tackle you, and rub your nose in the dirt" kinda "game". I don't like to be called or thought of as weak, and so I will go the extra mile --even if inside I am dying -- to prove to you that I am "just as good as you are". I don't know maybe that's the "armybrat" side of me coming out. Am I alone here??? 
   The Bible never says that we are the "weaker" of the two sexes...woah wait a minute before you label me a member of the man-haters club... It does say that we are to be prefered and cared for, but not because we can't do things for ourselves. It is a picture of Christ looking after and providing for His church. So then to ask you what Mary Kassian asked us. "What is a weak woman?"
   2 Timonty 3:6 mentions them, but if you study the verse out carefully is says that they are young women that allow themselves to led away from the truth. Their habits make them weak. The bondage that they allow themselves to be put in makes them "silly". To be free you first have to recognize that you are a slave right???? SO then using the excuse, "I can't ever be free because I am a slave is well...hmmm a lie." Ok then so what kind of woman are you? Are you constantly excusing that habit as genetic? Is that lie, "No one will ever love me like________" controlling the decisions you need to make? Any time you say I can't....you're right. YOU can't. Real strength is realizing that you have a problem and asking for help first from your Heavenly Strength and Shield. Then maybe you need to get accountable with your BFF or pastor's wife to kick that habit.

     Read 2 Timothy 3:6 and compare it to Proverbs 31. (ladies, notice the part about the strong arms).
   So are you part of the "Weak Wimpy Woman" Team, or will you choose "Strength and Honor"?

Any other thoughts or verses on your mind? Give a shout out in the comments box below...and remember a "Real Woman" is NOT weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment